Pages

Followers

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ginger and Apple Oatmeal Porridge

I wanted to do something different with oatmeal this morning instead of the usual raisins or cherries. So I tried something I truly enjoyed.

1 cup of rolled or steel cut oats (I never use the kind already processed)

2 to 2 1/2 cups of water.
Bring to boil with oats.
Add pinch of cinnamon, pinch of nutmeg and a pinch of sea salt, which brings out the nutty flavors.

Cut a small piece of fresh ginger and mince in blender.
Skin and core an apple, throw into the blender with the ginger and pulse to chop apples into small pieces. Pulse about 5 to 6 times so the apples are small.

Add apples and ginger into pot of oats and stir. After the oats are soft and cooked, turn down fire, cover pot and stir occasionally. Serve hot. Very delicious. I actually didn't need a sweetener but you can add a little honey or maple syrup if you need to. Let me know what you think.

Sorry no picture, my husband and I ate it before I wrote this post. But i promise you, it was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment