Pages

Followers

Sunday, April 15, 2012

DeLicious Black Bean Burger

My eldest is visiting from college so I wanted to make her a nice lunch and dinner before she goes back today. So I made her a black bean burger for lunch before dinner. And for dinner, I will make Jerk chicken with sweet potatoes and greens on the side. I think that will put a smile on her face before she gets back to the grind.  Oh yeah, I forgot cornbread on the side too. :)

Ingredients:
Black bean burger (Makes 4 thick burgers)
2 cups black bean (Already cooked beans, however can can be used but rinse the beans first)
1 large carrots peeled and shredded.
1 small green pepper shredded
1 small red pepper shredded
1 tsp salt
Black pepper
Cumin
Corriander
2 tsp ketchup
1 tb flour
1 cup cooked brown rice or leftover rice which I had

Mix all ingredients in a food processor or blender except for flour 

The mixture should be a paste, then add flour little at a time not in clumps.

Heat a frying pan and drizzle with olive oil.  The oil should be really hot before frying.

Then fry until it gets a nice black crust on top.  Serve right away. 

Now let me get started on dinner.  I will post pictures later to make you all drool!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, since I don't eat burgers. Will try it and let you know how it came out

    ReplyDelete