Pages

Followers

Friday, April 20, 2012

Jamming Juices in Jamaica


I am blogging from Jamaica W.I. with my hubby on our 22nd wedding anniversary, but I couldn't help myself, I had to share some really delicious, fresh juices, fruits and vegetables that I was really excited about.  My hubby thinks I am crazy, because I was raving about the juices, while he couldn't get enough of the traditional Jamaican food like  calaloo (similar to spinach, but not quite), sour sop, dumplings, jerk chicken, green bananas etc.  Don't get me wrong, I more than indulged in these as well, but I was very happy for the morning juices and in the process I learned a few new juices that you may find delicious as well.

Calaloo, cucumbers and little fresh ginger was awesome.  It was really light and refreshing and great for the hot weather.  I will definitely try to make this, whenever I am able to get my hands on some fresh calaloo in the farmers market.

Banana and Strawberries






Cantaloupe, watermelon juiced - refreshing and delicious too


Papaya juice was absolutely out of this world.  Another to try.









Okay, not a juice, but calaloo, green banana, and pumpkin was my breakfast after the great juices..Really delicious, I must say.  Kept me full all day long after two hours of  zip lining in the morning.


Below fish with dumplings were some mornings or lunch time entree.  Yummie! 









Anyhow while I continue to have a great time trying out all these wonderful dishes, I hope you will just be satisfied with these beautiful pictures. 






4 comments:

  1. YOU, my girl are a tease!!! Those juices look truly amazing, I would love some right now. Thanks for sharing the awesome photos and I look forward to more blogging from the Jamaica.

    I def. want to try the callaloo mix ASAP. Have a blessed and great time together on the fantasy island!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to do another one today. Man this is the perfect place for juicing because the veggies and fruits are fresh, organic, exotic and amazing. I love it ..I love it.

      Delete
  2. I love the pictures.....just a reminder to me how HAPPY that I am you are HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete